LogixPro Door Simulator

goodoboy

Hello,

I have a question about PLC application I am working on. http://thelearningpit.com/lp/doc/dl/dl-rl.html

I am on excersise number 1. I am stuck at this problem:
If the Door is already fully opened, Pressing the Open Switch will Not energize the motor.

How do I not engerize the motor? I can not use latches for this problems.

I will use an AND logic with the both limit switches to determine if the door is fully open. Then determine how to de-engerize the motor. But how will I not engerize the motor.

I can only use the basic instructions for this problem.

Any hints will be great!! Thanks alot.

Hint: how do you energize the motor using the push button alone?

When you figure that out, just put the conditon of the limit as one of the condition.

Thanks Steve and harryting. See attachment so far. I got it working now and moving on. It took a lot of thought, but its getting there!

Feel free to comment or offer advice.

Thanks

example.jpg

If the limit switch contacts are the same type (normally open or normally closed)then you need to look again at your rungs ;)