TP177B Program Download and upload

manipk

hi All ,

pease tell me how i download and upload software of Siemens Touch Panal TP177B PN/DP-6 CSTN (6AV6 642-0BA01-1AX0). One important thing My Old Touch Panal Display Broken and i did not see anything (icon) on Display. So plz tell me how i Upload software from Broken Display Touch Panal and Download in New Touch Panal TP177B.

Thanks ,

You can't Upload a project from a TP to install in another TP. You must have the original project already in the PC. If you don't have the original project, you must contact the control panel supplier for a copy of the project.

That is wrong nonuke ! You can do exactly that with Prosave.

The tricky part in this case is how to get the TP177-2PN/DP into Transfer mode, since the screen is damaged.

(If you were to do a firmware update, there is a nifty function to set the option "Reset to factory settings", which means you can connect prosave to the panel, start the OS Update, and then cycle power to the panel. When the panel boots up, prosave grabs control of it before the runtime application starts.
Unfortunately, this function does not work with the regular backup or restore functions.)

Manipk, first, look in the MMC card slot if the original programmer has been so kind as to leave the original program on a flash card in that slot. If he has, you can simply read the source file of the flash card.

If you are not so lucky, you have to simply start the Backup, and hope that the panel was set to "Remote Control". You will know if the upload starts OK.
edit: Try both ethernet and MPI/DP ports, as they can be set individually. If one doesnt work it does not exclude the other.

If the above does NOT work, your slim chance is that the touch function works even if the display does not. Use the other panel to figure out where the "Transfer" button appears upon powerup, then press that area when powering up the defective panel. Then start the Backup from Prosave.

Good luck, and please accept my sympathy about the situation in your country.

Last edited:
Hi Jesper,
I have been using Siemens TP's for many years with Protool and with WinCC Flexible, and I could never upload a project from a TP to a PC, unless I have the original project already in the PC in a Protool, WinCC Flexible or Prosave format or I have the project in the TP Memory card (MMC).
I didn't really understand the procedure you explained in the post, and it will be really nice to go to a TP with project from any supplier, and make a backup of the project, so if the TP breaks, we can download the project to a new one.

Hmm

You can have an upload. It is a compiled upload, it's not the WinCC Flex project.

Hi Jesper,
I have been using Siemens TP's for many years with Protool and with WinCC Flexible, and I could never upload a project from a TP to a PC, unless I have the original project already in the PC in a Protool, WinCC Flexible or Prosave format or I have the project in the TP Memory card (MMC).
I didn't really understand the procedure you explained in the post, and it will be really nice to go to a TP with project from any supplier, and make a backup of the project, so if the TP breaks, we can download the project to a new one.

Hi Combo,
I don't need the project, all I need is the "image file" of what is in the TP, so I can download to another TP.
If in Protool I try the Upload command, a message comes out saying I don't have a *.PDZ file.

Protool

Like Jesper said => for the image... use Prosave.

Hi Combo,
I don't need the project, all I need is the "image file" of what is in the TP, so I can download to another TP.
If in Protool I try the Upload command, a message comes out saying I don't have a *.PDZ file.

The problem is that the supplier of the control panel did not gave me the prosave file.

Hmm

What I would do...
Bring the panel to an industrial electronics repair service. Here in belgium we have ABC electronics as an example.
If they can repair it, then you can make your necessary backup later on. On don't see other possibillities in your case.

The problem is that the supplier of the control panel did not gave me the prosave file.

What I would do...
Bring the panel to an industrial electronics repair service. Here in belgium we have ABC electronics as an example.
If they can repair it, then you can make your necessary backup later on. On don't see other possibillities in your case.

This is what I was trying to say on my first post of this thread before Jesper said I was wrong. If I only have a TP with a project and NOTHING else, I can't transfer the project to another TP, or can I?

You can backup and restore via prosave. Also, if you have a flash memory card you can backup and restore directly via the panel. You cannot access the project, but it will load onto the new panel once you perform the restore.

As Jesper says though, the trick is placing the panel in transfer mode...

hi All ,

pease tell me how i download and upload software of Siemens Touch Panal TP177B PN/DP-6 CSTN (6AV6 642-0BA01-1AX0). One important thing My Old Touch Panal Display Broken and i did not see anything (icon) on Display. So plz tell me how i Upload software from Broken Display Touch Panal and Download in New Touch Panal TP177B.

Thanks ,
hi you can use from prosave of protool software with Rs232 cable, its so easy if you want send me your email to help more.
goodluck

hi you can use from prosave of protool software with Rs232 cable, its so easy if you want send me your email to help more.
goodluck

hi sir I have problem that's same above. My hmi is Tp177 Micro and the display was broken too. how can I upload from it? thanks

My suggestion is to buy the same TP and (Hardware swap) open the new unit and old unit then transfer the old board which has the program.

manipk's problem solved...

Then make backup program with jesperMP or boswellw's procedure.