Mitsubishi Non Volitile memory with Melsoft GX Works2

JDCROCKETT724

I am new to mitsubishi PLC programming, and, for the most part, have been slowly making progress. However I have come to a problem. I need to know how to store the machine settings, set by the user with the HMI, so that they do not zero out everytime I power down and power back up. I have looked at threads and the manual and have found nothing intuitive on the matter :confused: Currently the data is being written to my D registers, such as "D30" Again, the data is there until power down. Help here would be greatly appreciated.

-Jason

I dont use the new software, but you need to setup a range of retentive D registers, In GX developer this is defined in Parameter/PLC parameter/device, IEC developer =Parameter/PLC/Device.

Last edited:
I found "device" under plc parameters and this is the screen that it gives me. (See attachment) If this is familiar to you how would I set the retentive D registers? For example, making D3000 through D3100 retentive.

DEVICE.jpg

in the D column under latch1 start, type D3000 in the same column type 3100 under the latch 1 end. This willl make D3000 thro' D3100 retentative (battery backed ) As I used to call them. Hope this helps Regards Badger

If you are using the FX series, the registers D128 to D255 are written to EEPROM on power down (only if they have changed) and are retrieved from EEPROM on power up. Coils M384 to M511 are also treated in the same way.
Don't know about the A or Q series.

Quick and painless. Just the way I like it. Too bad the instructions couldn't word it the way you guys did. Simply put in the values as instructed in the device settings under PLC parameters.

I can now power down and back up again without any loss of data! THANKS!