Foxbro DCS

nil9178

Dear all,
Have been using Siemens PCS7 since many years and now we are thinking to use Foxboro. It would be of great help if someone could let me know how good Foxboro is when compared to other DCS Vendors... If already some one has used both PCS7 and Foxboro, u can let me know ur feedback accordingly.

Meanwhile I got a very little information regarding Foxbro A2 System ..... and it goes like this
For a plant having 500 IO Points, the total number of CPUs that come into pciture is approx 9. At this point do the Client / Consultant agree for so many CPUs to be scattered in a plant ???
Does the same kind of Architecture hold good for Foxbro I/A System DCS ???

As far I know, for ABB/Siemens/Yokogawa DCS, only CPU will control the entire plant of 1500+ IO....

Regards
Nil