IM151-7 as Profibusslave

Plc_User

Because I want to preproces somevalues received from serial communication before they are sent to the central controler I will use an IM151-7 that will be a slave on the profibus of the central controller.
Who knows how communication with the master can be achieved?
Example code?
Thanks

Because I want to preproces somevalues received from serial communication before they are sent to the central controler I will use an IM151-7 that will be a slave on the profibus of the central controller.
Who knows how communication with the master can be achieved?
Example code?
Thanks

Hello PLC_User;
The basic step to insert any Profibus slave in a master's network is to integrate the slave's gsd file in the master's Profibus configurator program.

Here is a link to all available ET 200S GSD files, inluding the IM 151-7 variations:
http://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/view/en/652154
Simply select the file that matches your model, then download it and integrate it in the configurator. Since you do not mention the master's model and the name of its configuration software I cannot tell you how to do this specifically, but look at the master's manual and online help.

Once this is done add one IM 151-7 slave to the master's bus, select the configuration of the ET 200S PLC in the available modules (from the gsd file) and set available addresses in the master's memory map. Again, reading your master's configuration manual and online help should be the first step.

For any further information request, you will have to giuve us more specifics about the master, make and model, name of configuration software...
Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier