Installatin of Logic Master for GE FANUC 90-30

Iman

Hy Guys,
I have 4 diskettes for Logic Master. But I coudn't install it in Win XP. I've used cmd console in WinXP as MS DOS. Can anybody help me for installing this?
Thank you

Four diskettes? What version of Logicmaster is that? If it's older than version 9.05 I'd suggest using an older OS. I still have diskettes from v 5.01 and that needed three floppies. Version 8.01 only needed two.

In any case you should be thinking about moving from a 20 year old DOS application to Proficy Machine Edition.

I am not sure about the exact version of it maybe it is 9.05 .As you said I think, I should use an older OS than XP. For more information my program contains 4 folder that start from disk1 to disk4 and it has a folder with this name windows2000 patch. I have copied each folder in one floppy disk .The folder that its name is Windows 2000 patch has a text file that I attached it to this post.I did the instruction in the text file but it didn't work. Always when I run the setup file in disk1 a window appears that I attached it too.

XP.JPG

Attachments

• LM9030 9.05 Special 1_Upgrade_Instuctions.txt
    746 bytes · Views: 119
I have Logicmaster 9.05 running under Windows XP, but I don't remember how I installed it. It was probably not from floppies. Russ' advice is probably best. If you're not proficient at getting DOS applications to run under newer operating systems, you will probably be better off trying to locate a copy of Proficy Machine Edition to use rather than spending a lot of time fussing with getting Logicmaster installed and running.

It sounds like you made the floppies from the VersaPro CD, if this is the case your floppies most likely will not work in any OS.
You can install LM90 from the VersaPro CD under Windows 98, 2K and even XP.
I just installed it to a network Drive "U:" on my system.
Navigate to the "\LOGICMASTER90-30 RELEASE 9.05\DISK1" on the versaPro CD and Double-Click "Setup.EXE"
HTH

Hey Guys,
Thank you for your guides. Finally I can install the Logic Master. I connect to the PLC perfectly and can RUN or Stop it. I have created a folder with TEMP name and load the logic from the PLC. But I could not see the logic. I try the printout function and print everything but again it didn't have any logic I attached the printed file. I am not sure about the existence of program in PLC. As Steve told me before about reading from EPROM, I tried to do this but each time that I try this an error message appears:(S44)Requested PLC Operation Failed. Also I saw the PLC Fault Table . In this table the only sentence is No user program present. I think in the PLC doesn't exist any logic. Do you agree with me? What should I do with reading from EPROM? I attached the screen shots of error message of reading EPROM and PLC Fault Table.

eprom error.PNG no user.PNG

Attachments

• LDPRINT.txt
    6.2 KB · Views: 40
The most likely explanation is that you have a PLC without an EPROM. Therefore everything was stored in RAM memory. For systems like that, a battery maintains RAM memory when primary power is removed. That battery has failed. When it failed, you lost everything that was in RAM.

Thank you Steve
as you said the plc doesn't have any EPROM. But anyway finally I found the logic and loaded to the plc. I have a question about stl language legend . in the logic code I found this legend:
OUT+ ==> what is this mean? the ladder equal is -(^)- .
It is the same as out but with an up arrow in the -( )-.
It is different from normal OUT, because in one line I activated an input but the related output(OUT+) didn't activate.
the ladder code of that line was this:
-||----------(^)-

i'm sorry! i've a problem with a logicmaster 5.0. I've never seen this PLC. Does anyone could send me more information or a manual? is this PLC programmable in windows?
thanks a lot

Just to Clarify You have LM90 9.05 from the Versapro CD. You need to copy the 4 Disks Folders to a temp folder on your hard Drive and run the Setup.exe Located on disk one. Not the Setup in the main LM90 9.05 folder on the Versapro CD. Installs just fine In Windows XP.

i'm sorry! i've a problem with a logicmaster 5.0. I've never seen this PLC. Does anyone could send me more information or a manual? is this PLC programmable in windows?
thanks a lot

Please start a New Thread and we need mor information on your Spifiac problem before we can even begin to help. You have Logicmaster 90 5.0 what PLC? Have you searched GEIP http://www.ge-ip.com/

Logicmaster is GE's name for their old programming software. There was Logicmaster One for the Series One PLC, Logicmaster Six for the Series Six PLC, Logicmaster Five for the Series Five PLC, Logicmaster 90 for the the 90-30 and 90-70 PLCs.

The originator of this thread had a problem with version 9.05 of Logicmaster 90. From your question I can't be sure if you have version 5.0 of one of the Logicmaster software packages or if you have a Series Five PLC.