HC900 I/O list Import

I am working on my first project using a Honeywell HC900 Hybrid controller. It is a medium sized project (several hundred I/O only). (yep, a "NEWB" again :nodi:)

Does anyone know whether or not there is a utility that could import, say, a CSV file from Excel? I know that I could do it with AB PLCs so I was just wondering if there was a way to do this with the HC900.

Thanks in advance.

Dave, I presume you've discovered by now that the answer is 'no', there is no import function in the HC-900.

The Control Station HMI panel will import the tag data base from the HC-900, but there's no import for the HC-900

Dan (yes, the same one)

Thanks Dan!

Thanks Dan!

Yeah, I kinda knew the answer before I asked the question:)

But, ya never know, it coulda been good. :ROFLMAO:

I miss being able to edit large I/O blocks and stuff offline with Excel, like you can with the AB stuff.

It's not worth the time to slice and dice the DB structure of the HC900 to figure it out either.

Cheers,

P.S. Tom at TAC was very helpful. I need to work out the SP Program block usage. I will talk to Bob S. Monday (he is on vacation)

Last edited: