Caps jr

oldsman

Hi I,m having trouble. I can up load and down load but can not program online or monitor can someone help me. I have been using and old dos machine but it died now I have to use windows 98/dos. I get message that says can not program online with this controler but I did with other computer. Thanks ED

Are you running Caps Jr. in a DOS box? Windows may not let you have the COM port, or something else may be using it (RSLinx has this bad habit).

Try running it in DOS alone. IOW, reboot, hit F8 when "Starting Windows" appears, and select "Command Prompt Only". Then just switch to your CAPS directory and run it.

beerchug

-Eric

I get message that says can not program online with this controler but I did with other computer.

The CxxK family of PLCs has never been able to "program on-line". That feature is hardware dependent and is relegated to the CxxH family.

Thanks I forgot that you can't program online but I still can't monitor the program online for trouble shooting. Thanks Ed

Last edited:
Are you useing LSS or Syswin?
If you work with LSS its not go On Line automatic for monitor.
You need to select this mode in the menu.
Try to use Syswin.