Control Z - How to Send on a Micrologix 1400

seeolddan

I am trying to send a control z out of port 0 on a micrologix.
ASCII. How would one complete such a task.

Thanks
Jim

Thanks.
How do you get control/z to transmit.
Looks like you cannot put it into a "String" variable.
"appears not to like "control characters" or anything but letters and numbers. I notice you can send appended characters in the port setups like /d and /ff.

Create a string data table. Manually enter your string, if it is fixed. At the end enter SHIFT-6 to get the up-caret then enter Z. You will note that the character count seems to be one less than what is shown. It is treating the up-caret-Z combination as a CTRL-Z.

The \1a work for putting a control/z into a string. It appears to disappear if you concantanate it with another string. I used the atw to send it individually. I am surprised this is not documented somewhere.

I like to think the documentation for the SLC family is fairly complete and accurate, so I checked to be sure that control characters are not truncated during ASCII Concatenate instructions. At least in my simple one instruction program it doesn't happen.

I'd say stick with what works, unless you want to post your code to figure out why the Control-Z appears to be truncated when you execute the ACN instruction.

ControlZ.png

Thanks Ken,
Where would I find info like the control\z answer I was looking for?
It would be need great to know what resources are available to me.
(I hate being clueless!)

The syntax of unprintable ASCII symbols is actually one of the harder things to find documentation on. I can't remember when I learned it, and I usually have to experiment to keep the Logix and SLC versions straight.

There's a very handy reference in the chapter on ASCII instructions in the 1747-RM001 Instruction Set Reference for the SLC-500 family controllers, starting on Page 10-25.

Want help to operate GSM modem via MICROLOGIX1400

any 1 have done this, im doing this using AWT instruction
If any1 have done this den plz kindly request u to help me
🤞🏻📚