Adding timer to motor start push button.

jtashaffer

Does anyone know the bet way to add a horn to a start button that stays on for 10 sec then shuts off and the motor starts.

The easiest way is to have the start button activate an on-delay timer and a horn relay with a holding contact. When the timer times out a timer done NC contact drops out the horn and a timer done NO contact operates the motor starter.

This can be done with hard wired relays or in PLC logic. You don't specify what you are using. If you do I suspect some more detailed help will be forthcoming.

Man - I hate these double posts! I just saw the other one.

Similar Topics

Does anyone know the best way to add a horn to a start button that stays on for 10 sec then shuts off and the motor starts.
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm still learning PLC programming and I was needing some help with making some changes to our program. I'm needing to remove the (TON)...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, i have searched this forum and looked here for advice before but this time i wasn't able to find an exact answer for what i'm...
Replies
Views
Hey is there anyway to add a timer to a SLC5/03 without downloading the program back in to the processor.
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, Currently we have three plants running with Controllogix PLCs (L72, L73, L74). In each of these plants we have 2 FTView SE...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom