PV+ Objects not Responding

RBergmann

For the past several months I've been working on a project that includes a PanelView Plus and an SLC 5/05. After the last PV download, some of the screen objects are not responding and present errors (Cannot move 1 into SCREEN_EXIST). Can or should the PV+ be re-initialized?

My basic problem is that I call screens from the PLC program (setup a tagname in the PV+ and move screen numbers into this tagname (N7:0 aka "SCREEN_NEW") to change screens). This has been working very well until recently. I'm getting an error message on the display. If I force a move into the register using RSLogix, I can make the screen changes no problem.

This problem is occuring with developed screens that haven't changed since they were designed. I currently have about 40 screens and have been fine up until now.

... rab

My basic problem is that I call screens from the PLC program (setup a tagname in the PV+ and move screen numbers into this tagname (N7:0 aka "SCREEN_NEW") to change screens).
Does your screen numbers run from 0 to 39 for the 40 screens, or what? And this range of 40 numbers is moved to N7:0?

What happens - does the screen not change, change to Screen 0, or some other screen number? How is SCREEN_EXIST related to SCREEN_NEW?

Last edited:
Does your screen numbers run from 0 to 39 for the 40 screens, or what? And this range of 40 numbers is moved to N7:0?

What happens - does the screen not change, change to Screen 0, or some other screen number? How is SCREEN_EXIST related to SCREEN_NEW?

Thanks for responding. I found that somehow (and I really don't know how) I had duplicate screen numbers. My screen numbers are 1-94, but I don't use all assignments. I leave room for expansion screens (I group screens by function). Up until the time of the lack of response, the screens were switching with no problem (except that using this technique of screen calls is slower than I'd like), so I didn't look for this as a source of my problem. I was explaining how this method, of calling the screens, works to another programmer and this is when I caught the duplication.

Unfortunately, RSView only permits one method of screen calls to be used and it must be decided when the application is being written. The two methods being the use of the "GoTo" object, or using a PLC data register (in my case N11:0 for "SCREEN_NEW" and N7:0 for "SCREEN_EXIST" and moving the screen numbers in as they are required. Other manufacturers permit using both methods. The configuration for the use of these tag names is in "Global Settings" (RSView is not open right now so it may be "Global Configuration - something like that).

... rab

... rab

I am glad you found it. My questions were meant to lead to something like that. Often the simple things are the last places I look for the problem.