Kepware OPC Comm Errors

Christoff84

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Has anyone had any experience with Kepware KEPServeEX 4 running on VMWare Server 2 (win2k3 guest)? I've had it running for about 1.5 years now inside a virtual machine but recently turned on the Intel VT in the BIOS to help with performance issues, since I've done that I've been getting a lot of communication erros between the OPC server and the ControlLogix Gateway (gateway has 5 DH+ networks connected to it). I'm at a loss to explain why/what is happening other then it doesn't want to work with VT turned on. I've tried to get diagnostic snapshops of the failures but it seems as long as the diagnostic windows are open it just won't fail comms.

It appears that turning on the Intel VT in the BIOS to help with performance issues, has caused your communication errors between the OPC server and the ControlLogix Gateway. I would turn VT back off and find another (software not hardware) route to correct my performance issues.

Good luck.