compactlogix l30

alex_cordova

i have a compact logix 1769 L30 processor
it is flashed to version 13 of rs logix 5000

ok this processor has two rs 232 channels
i also have a panel view 100 that has a rs 232 df1 and a rs 232

can i connect my pc to processor and panel view to processor and beable to view my program online and still be able to use my panel view 1000 so i could test my program at the same time,

i know when you have only 1 rs 232 channel you have to disconnect your pc and plug in you pnl view, but i have 2 on my processor

i have a compact logix 1769 L30 processor
it is flashed to version 13 of rs logix 5000

ok this processor has two rs 232 channels
i also have a panel view 100 that has a rs 232 df1 and a rs 232

can i connect my pc to processor and panel view to processor and beable to view my program online and still be able to use my panel view 1000 so i could test my program at the same time,

i know when you have only 1 rs 232 channel you have to disconnect your pc and plug in you pnl view, but i have 2 on my processor

According to the CompactLogix User Manual 1769-UM007D-EN-P Chapter 4, both Serial Ports can be configured for DF1 Full Duplex. So, I don't see any reason why you can't connect an PanelView HMI on one Port, and your Programming PC on the other Port. I have done it on the MicroLogix 1200 with two Ports. I didn't find a definitive answer on the AB or Rockwell Web Site. So, all you can do is try it and see what happens. Perhaps someone else will jump in that has done this with the CompactLogix. I don't use the CompactLogix.

Stu...

Last edited:
ok i will try it , and let ever body know.
ok what about micorlogix 1500 LRP
THIS PROCESSOR HAS 2 PORTS
CAN I DO IT WITH THIS ONE??????????

As long as the two ports can be configured as DF1 there is no problem you can use them simultaneously, if you have only one port you have to disconnect either you pc or your PV.