Graph7's got it's knickers in a twist again!

RMA

Has anybody found a way to get Graph7 straightened out again once it's got itself all confused. This happens most often when inserting new steps in the middle of a chain or when cutting and pasting and suddenly Steps are running through Transitions where the conditions are not fulfilled, alternatively the chain hangs in a Step even though the conditions are satisfied.

Occasionally, but not always, deleting and re-creating the IDB helps, but when that fails the only solution I know is to create a new FB from scratch. I'm facing this situation for the third time today and it's getting to be a pain in the neck, so if anybody knows a solution I'd be more than pleased to hear it!

Occasionally, but not always, deleting and re-creating the IDB helps, but when that fails the only solution I know is to create a new FB from scratch.
I hope they are small programs - what version are using?

can you not copy the FB and work on that? once happy rename it?

Fortunately, they are fairly small programs so it wasn't too painful, especially after I managed to dig up a second monitor so that I could lay out both FBs side by side and just copy the details across to the new FB.

This morning I had a serious time stamp problem with one of the FBs IDB (in the calling FB) which I couldn't get rid of until I managed to dig up a post of Jesper's from a few years back where he pointed out the need to delete the Symbol under these circumstances. After I did that, everything was OK again. That might explain why (apparently) recreating the IDB didn't always fix the problem. Strangely enough I didn't get an error message when I remade the IDB, only when I tried to use it in the calling FB.

Thanks for that link Daniel - I've made a note of the Entry ID in case I get the problem again in a couple of years!

Last edited: