OT: Italian Help Needed

erdemsvri

Hello

I am going to do a revision on a machine which customer bought from Castaldini, Italy. It has Omron PLC which I am not used to programming so it takes me time to learn how to program Omron because basicly I am an S7 Guy.

So it takes a lot of time for me to learn CX-One and how to write ladder in Omron and on the other hand I first have to understand the actual program and revise it. There are comments with the original program but they are writen in Italian.

First I did a quick search for translators and dictionaries in Google but most of the translate them half which I couldnt understand. Also the electrical project and the IO symbols and comments are Italian so it makes it hard to understand the program. There are some words I want to translate from Italian to English. Could anyone who knows Italian sepeare me 10 minutes to translate the sentences below. I know there are some Italian guys who regulary writes to forum. Any help would be very much appriciated.

Thanks very much.

- ATTACCATO/STACCATO (It is about a contactor)
Energized / De-energized ???

- Rich. (Should be an abbreviation) (Rich. Stop Ballotto da SV su R18)

- Linea in marcia Ritardata
It is translated as "Line Running Late" but that doesnt make sense

- Dato x Supervisione Disponibile su Rulliera 17

This is it for beginning. Thank you for sepearing your time.

I am not blaming anyone but I think as a business principle this type of big companies who produce machine and automation together and sell the all over the world should have English documentation besides native language.

Hello

I am going to do a revision on a machine which customer bought from Castaldini, Italy. It has Omron PLC which I am not used to programming so it takes me time to learn how to program Omron because basicly I am an S7 Guy.

So it takes a lot of time for me to learn CX-One and how to write ladder in Omron and on the other hand I first have to understand the actual program and revise it. There are comments with the original program but they are writen in Italian.

First I did a quick search for translators and dictionaries in Google but most of the translate them half which I couldnt understand. Also the electrical project and the IO symbols and comments are Italian so it makes it hard to understand the program. There are some words I want to translate from Italian to English. Could anyone who knows Italian sepeare me 10 minutes to translate the sentences below. I know there are some Italian guys who regulary writes to forum. Any help would be very much appriciated.

Thanks very much.

- ATTACCATO/STACCATO (It is about a contactor)

This is it for beginning. Thank you for sepearing your time.

I am not blaming anyone but I think as a business principle this type of big companies who produce machine and automation together and sell the all over the world should have English documentation besides native language.

I have run into this from time to time, German in my case. I was able to contact the Equipment Manufacturer, and they provided me with a copy in English. I then Exported the Annotation from the English version, Imported it into the German version. Cleaned some things that weren't quite right, and we ran with that for several years until the machine was replaced.

Try to contact the OEM, and see if that option is available.

Stu.....

Hi erdemsvri,

here the translations.....

-ATTACCATO/STACCATO (It is about a contactor)

Your translation is correct...you can use also:
"CONTACTOR ON/OFF" or if the contactor commands directly a motor also "MOTOR ON/OFF.

Exactly Rich. shoul be the abbreviation of Richiesta means REQUEST.
So the full translation of the text above is:
"BALLOTTO STOP REQUEST FROM SV on R18"
Probabilly BALLOTTO is the name of the part or section of the line (Is a techincal name). While SV shoul be the abbreviation of SOLENOID VALE and R18 a tag name.

PS: As you know, Castaldini is an OEM of machines and equipments for corrugated boards, I'm non sure to 100%, but reading in their website the means of BALLOTTO should be the corrugated boards package ready to strapping.

The right translation is "LINE RUN (or START) DELAY".
Usually in ITALY means when you push the button of line start, before the line really start, the operator are advise from an acoustic signal that in the next for example 3 or 5 seconds the line will start.

"DATA TO SUPERVISOR (SCADA or HMI) AVAILABLE ON ROLLS TABLE (or ROLLS WAY) 17.

If you need of more translation ,attach in the next post reply a file (.doc.txt.xls.pdf)with the text to translate.

Last edited: