Panel View 1000 standard

srv

I am using a panelview1000 standard color with a SLC500 L541 controller.DH+ is using for communication between PV and SLC.I would like to get backup file from PV.back side of the PV its shown Allen bradley,CAT 2711-K10c8 SER :E,REV A,FRN 4.41.what are the software i have to use foe uploading the backup.I heard panel builder is the software for standard panelviews.which firmware revision i have to use for that & which communication cable to be used.And any another software i need for taking backup files

It is panelbuilder32 I believe the latest version is 3.82, it has been awhile since I have used it. Im not really sure about the cable since the ones we have are ethernet.
But you should be able to backup the project on a flash card.
The part number for that is 2711-NM216.

See picture below for the latest version. To upload/download using the PV's RS232 port you will need a straight thru cable. ( this works as long as the RS232 port has not been configured for printer use)

PanelBuilder32 Ver.jpg

also remember to turn off linx otherwise there will be a conflict with com 1

This is only true if you are not using RSLinx for the communication.

The simplest method to save and restore files with the Panelview Standard is by using a memory card:

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=2573&highlight=panelview+ata

Even if you don't have any software or a laptop with a PCMCIA slot to move the .pva file around, you can still use the memory card to make a backup of the application and will have the ability to restore it to another panelview, should the original ever need replacement.