SLC150 - Upload a program with TCAT?

Anthe

Hello,

I need to upload a program from an old SLC150 because the original program is nowhere to be found. Currently we have a T-CAT so heres my questions:

The next button on the T-CAT scans through addresses in numerical order, so how do I know which input(s) are linked to which output(s)? Is it the SQO and SQI instructions that link everything together? I'm not sure I understand how these two instructions work even after reading the manual.

Thanks for any help you can give,
Anthe

Also, I would prefer to do it with the T-CAT if possible but if not are there other options? Will the handheld programmer allow me to read the program out? Or will I need to use PCIS?

If you can get ahold of a 1745-PCC, then you can run PCIS software on a PC under DOS Box, and do your program upload/download and editing that way.

I have done this under WindowsXP Pro with good success.

If you don't have the 1745-PCC interface, you can buy a replacement one from GIT here:

http://www.plctrainer.net/PLCProgrammingCables.htm

He also has excellent instructions and 1st hand experience with the SLC100/150.

Also, you can read this thread for more details, manuals etc:

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=37641&highlight=SLC+150

I have not used the handheld programmer, but in the link above, there is a link to a manual which should guide you in using it.

Hey, Tom, you're welcome, but GeniusInTraining desreves the credit, I just passed along the info I got mostly from him along with my experiences.