message string for ALMA OR ALMD in AOI

justshoot2125

In a AOI if you place built in alarm like ALMD or ALMA. How can you pass the message to it when its in alarm. So it will send the message to Factorytalk SE.

Yes but if its in a Add on Instruction how do you get the message in there. It doesn't let you open the ALMA or ALMD instruction. Or did I miss it?

Got the answer to this, and at this point and time you can't do it. The alma and almd instructions can be placed inside the AOI but later configuration and utilization will come on a later revision to rslogix5000. thanks to all for the help

I considered doing this for a current project, but having all the alarm messages permanently fixed made me reconsider. I'm using the ALMA and ALMD instructions, but not putting them in an AOI.

I'd like to be able to access the Message string in the UDT as well. It looks like everything else is accessible, just not the Alarm Message string. I have found a way to edit them outside the wizard using the Export Tags and Logic Comments and that is OK for offline work.

Got the answer to this, and at this point and time you can't do it. The alma and almd instructions can be placed inside the AOI but later configuration and utilization will come on a later revision to rslogix5000. thanks to all for the help

I was able to change the message per AOI call.

To do this, it looks like you have to open the logic for the AOI first.
Then change the DATA CONTEXT toolbar to the correct call-up path.

The idea is to select the instance variable of the AOI call of interest. The editor then works in the context of that particular call and you can configure the ALMD there.

The annoying things are that...
- each AOI needs to have its ALMD/ALMA instance vars passed as INOUT parameter
- each new AOI you create requires a new set of ALMD/ALMA instances vars. And they all have empty alarm messages by default...

If only it was possible to set some kind of default...