Why don't my descriptions show up online?

ceilingwalker

Lifetime Supporting Member
Good day all. I have a SLC500, 5/03 processor and using RSLOGIX500. I have all of my inputs and outputs labeled, however, when I go online, it doesn't show the description. What must I do to have it display them? Thank you.

Good day all. I have a SLC500, 5/03 processor and using RSLOGIX500. I have all of my inputs and outputs labeled, however, when I go online, it doesn't show the description. What must I do to have it display them? Thank you.

Are you saying that all the Symbols and Descriptions show Offline, but when you go Online with the Processor. They all disappear?

Stu.....

When I go online to view the current program that's running, it doesn't show the descriptions that I put in before I downloaded it.

When I go online to view the current program that's running, it doesn't show the descriptions that I put in before I downloaded it.

That doesn't really answer my question. Just for the record, the Instruction Symbols, Descriptions, and Rung Comments are not Downloaded to the SLC PLC. They reside on the PC with the Offline Files, and are displayed for you by RSLogix500. So, you have to have to be working with correct RSLogix500 RSS File to get all your Annotation displayed.

Stu....

Yes, I'm uploading. So, how does one make it so that when viewing an active ladder online, the descriptions and rung comments are visible?

If you have a copy that was uploaded and saved and it's a better match (checksum) than the file you have opened (with descriptions), then RSLogix may choose the other file for you. To solve this, delete the file with the empty database, then you may need to chose the file with comments when you go online. Once you're online with the correct file, then save it so that it will match (checksum) and this will save time next time you connect, since you shouldn't be asked to upload first.