OT bit I know there are Mac user out there

No income tax, no capital gains tax. Freedom!
I am p!$$ed. I recently bought a Mac Mini with that has two display outputs. One display is a 27 inch Dell monitor, the other a Viewsonic 32" TV which is 13??x768. The Apple software will not let me chose which display is the primary monitor like Microcrap will. The Apple software want to make the Viewsonic display the main display and there appears to be no way to change it. I am a hard a$$. I don't like any software that gets in my way. Apple software is ****. I discriminate against all software equally.
This lesson cost me $700 for the cost of a Mac Mini with two display outputs.
I am not happy. :(

I bet you guy thought I was hard on Siemens. I discriminate against all software.

Newb....It is just a pain to search on a low res TV screen.

Yep, I found it last night.
It should be more obvious that moving a small menu bar. I wonder how the menu bar got moved in the first place. I was looking for button or one or two like what MS does. Apples are supposed to be easy but I think MS has them beat on the configure monitor department.

I am p!$$ed. I recently bought a Mac Mini with that has two display outputs. One display is a 27 inch Dell monitor, the other a Viewsonic 32" TV which is 13??x768. The Apple software will not let me chose which display is the primary monitor like Microcrap will. The Apple software want to make the Viewsonic display the main display and there appears to be no way to change it. I am a hard a$$. I don't like any software that gets in my way. Apple software is ****. I discriminate against all software equally.
This lesson cost me $700 for the cost of a Mac Mini with two display outputs.
I am not happy. :(

I bet you guy thought I was hard on Siemens. I discriminate against all software.

Peter

Dont be too hard on apple, its better than microsoft by a long way 🍺

Have you joined the discussions at the apple forums ?

They are excellent over there....

Last edited:
I descriminate against everything equally

Peter

Dont be too hard on apple, its better than microsoft by a long way 🍺

Have you joined the discussions at the apple forums ?

They are excellent over there....

What happened is that I switched the primary monitor from a 20 inch to 27 inch monitor but the apple software decided to switch the primary screen to the TV. The only indication is that there is a small white menu bar on what the Mac thinks is the primary display. Some how I should have known that menu bar can be moved by dragging it to the big LCD display. Microsoft makes this much more obvious. I couldn't see button that said switch displays. Some how one is just supposed to know.

Yes, I have tried Apple's help before when I tried to rotate a monitor a work. I never got a answer. I had to figure it out my self. The trick was to turn of the computer and restart it. Simply changing the option to rotate didn't does do it. There is no apply button that rotates the monitor and it doesn't happen when I close the dialog box. Restarting the computer doesn't rotate the monitor. The computer had to be turned off an then turned on before the monitor screen would rotate. So how am I supposed to know? Well I did as you suggested and when to the help forum. I never go a reply. After I figured out I went back to the forum and told them how I did it and said the forum was worthless.

So you can see I have had previuos negative experiences with Macs and monitors and had no faith that they can do anything right in this one area. Apple should fire the people that write the monitor software because they don't make doing their monitor configuration as easy as MS.

I all this happen after a bad day screwing with the Mac. One of by biggest pet peeved iis slow computers. I should NEVER have to wait for a computer unless the CPU is running at 100% or the hard disk is at 100% or the network is at 100%. Too many times my computers have stalled during normal operation when not 'maxed' out. This is unforgiveable. If the computer has free time it should be able to respond but more slowly but in my case it was not at all. I have written a few real time kernels for motion control and other projects. I know that if a task is waiting for a device to respond it should switch to another task on the ready list. In my case I was trying to transfer files over wireless to my new computer. I understand that this is going to be slow but the efficiency was very low. Wireless N goes at about 55 MBps but I was getting closer 10Mbps :(. On top of that the computer was running very slow as I was also trying to back up to a USB drive. Even with all this running the CPU was not 'maxed' out so there should have plenty of time to respond to my key strokes rather show the color pinwheel. MS is very bad in this regard. It was not a good day for doing things out of the ordinary.

Anyway I have my new Mac Mini working with the EyeTV tuner so I can record TV programs and watch them anywhere there is wireless on my iPad.

What do you think of the iPad ? Got one 3 weeks ago :p

I have the slingbox at home so can watch any tv channel on my ipad anywhere as long as i have wifi or 3g..

Apple fanatics are the worst of all fanatics out ther. There is pros in apple but there is pros in all others too, even ms. Windows 7 is actually very good OS. And the "easy" part depends on which was first used.

ps. 504 what do you use ipad for other than tv?

Last edited:
Apple fanatics are the worst of all fanatics out ther. There is pros in apple but there is pros in all others too, even ms. Windows 7 is actually very good OS. And the "easy" part depends on which was first used.

ps. 504 what do you use ipad for other than tv?

I have lived with Microsoft since 3.1

I gave Vista and 7 a try, bought a new dell laptop with 7 on it last october, total rubbish, took a day to get the webcam working then after a week it lost all usb ports, in the end i did a system restore and sold it on.

All my work machines are on XP including my laptops and they run pretty smoothly most of the time

However i threw all windows stuff out from home in december, got a mini mac server, imac and macbook pro, so far (touch wood) they are purfect, never had a blue screen and never get stressed anymore. Use them with iwork, i life and final cut.

If you have seriously done any video editing on a windows machine against a mac with final cut express or pro then nuff said...

The ipad is great, i use it for all my mail now and my calendar (through mobileme) as it links with the familys calendars. Also use it for family blogging, tide times, ftp to home and work, logmein to various pcs, gps mapping when canoeing or out trekking. Also hace it using 1password synched with dropbox for all my online logins at various sites. Has 7500 family photos on it and all my music. Skype for keeping in touch (shame it hasnt got a front camera yet though :-( ) Its my most daily used electronic device.

Last edited:
Anyway I have my new Mac Mini working with the EyeTV tuner so I can record TV programs and watch them anywhere there is wireless on my iPad.
Peter,

What is your secret? Where do you find TV shows that are even worth watching, much less recording?

What do you think of the iPad ? Got one 3 weeks ago :p

I have the slingbox at home so can watch any tv channel on my ipad anywhere as long as i have wifi or 3g..
The EyeTV does the same as the Sling Box. I have one of those too but I turned in my Comcast DVR because there isn't enough good TV that is worth the extra $60+ a month.

My EyeTV can record old movies and I can remove the commercials as play the old movies later.

Apple fanatics are the worst of all fanatics out ther.
I prefer to play games on my Game PC. DirectX is hard to beat. As I said, I discriminate against all computers equally and stalls are not forgivable unless the CPU, hard disk or internet is maxed out.

There is pros in apple but there is pros in all others too, even ms. Windows 7 is actually very good OS.
I am told Windows 7 is much better than Vista. I hated Vista which is why I switched to a Mac in the first place. Vista and XP are very bad at stalls. I am typing this on a Win XP machine and I can often get four or five words ahead of the computer display. That simply p!$$ poor. There isn't nothing else running but the browser. Windoze XP is pathetic except for playing games.

BTW, I like my iPad. It is great when I fly or travel but mostly I use it late at night or early in the morning when I am in my big recliner. It is a little spendy. Right now I am testing to see if it parent proof.

Vista was microsoft grasping for end-user market share imo, a bandaid fix. It only came about because 7 was taking too long to develop.

The funny thing is I loved Vista. Had no problems at all.
took 18 months before it cr****d itself - XP Pro used to only take 3-6 months.
Windows 7 x 64 bit is not as good as they make out. Slower than Vista 32 bit despite access to more memory.
Too bl***y hard to find things.
XP box is good though.
Tried a MAC once - drove me absolutely NUTS!!!

The funny thing is I loved Vista. Had no problems at all.
took 18 months before it cr****d itself - XP Pro used to only take 3-6 months.
Windows 7 x 64 bit is not as good as they make out. Slower than Vista 32 bit despite access to more memory.
Too bl***y hard to find things.
XP box is good though.
Tried a MAC once - drove me absolutely NUTS!!!

On the same machine, Windows 7 is definately lot faster than Vista. And yes, Win7 is great os. And if you dont find things, it is just cos its different, you would say same about linux. XP is **** compared to win7. Mac is good for people who dont understand computers, like my sister, she cant really get his mac ****ed up like she would windows machine.

Last edited:
Generally Mac OSX only shows preferences when they are actually needed, you can only adjust the orientation of the display when OSX detects that you have a display connected that can rotate.

When it does detect this, the option shows up right underneath the “Detect Displays” button in the Display preference pane. It’s called “Rotate.”

This will rotate the image on your display a number of different ways: 90, 180, or 270 degrees.