Rslogix 5000

pcsparks

I have RSLOGIX 5000 V16.00, I attempted to connect to a Compactlogix L32 but a message popped up saying the PLC version was 13.34 and would not allow me to connect and upload.
Do I need RSLOGIX 5000 v13.34 ore is there another way to connect and upload.
Thanks for your help

I have vers 13,14,15,16 on my laptop. I am not sure if they have to be installed in order or you can install an older vers after a newer vers installed.
George

When the V16 software was installed, an option to install support for previous versions is available.

Here is the Splash Screen from my V17, where you can see the previous versions along the bottom. All done with the one install from the one disk.

You could uninstall and re-install RSLogix5000, asking for support for previous versions.

Of course, if you choose to upgrade the processor to V16, you will lose the program inside it, it will be erased completely.

2010-09-05_123350.jpg

So to clarify....

• No need to upgrade the firmware of your controller, unless you want to use new features added since v13. Bear in mind the warning listed above. A firmware upgrade will wipe out the contents of the controller. The file on your hard drive can be updated to ver 16 easily, but going backwards is unsupported, difficult, and may not be possible.
  • No need to uninstall anything. Just pop in the RSLogix5000 DVD and add v13 to what you already have.
  • The software does not have to be a specific minor revision. As long as you install v13. It does not have to be software version 13.34. In fact, the last version of v13 was 13.04
OG