PLC 5 Analouge Help

Oceansoul

HI.
Im trying to set up an Analouge Input card in a test rig of a PLC5/30. Ive writen a
simple ladder with a BTR and BTW according to the instruction PDF but still cant get
it to read my mA input value? Im slightly confused as to why, when i click on the
Setup Screen of the BTW or BTR im given a message saying no module corresponds to this
R/G/M. Im sure i have the RGM correct.
This is my test rig.

icatestrig.jpg

(as i understand this)

The Analouge input is in the 5th ocupided "group" (1 slot addressing), as the first 2 cards are 2 groups each i.e. D In card is group 0 and 1, D Out card is group 2 and 3, therefore the A In must be group 4??? No?
These are all in the only and local rack....therefore rack 000?

Well from the picture your analog module is in slot "5". not "4".

There are other factors though, one being slot addressing set by dip switches on the chassis, check them. Also there are jumpers on the analog card those must be set correctly for current inputs double check them.
What is them exact catalog number of your analog card?
If you can post your .RSP file ( zip it first)

Its hard to tell from the picture but the word length doesn't look correct either. But someone can help more with that when we know the catalog number of your module.

Last edited:
I agree that's Rack 00, Group 05, Slot 0 if the chassis is set for 2-Slot Addressing. Those 32-bit DC I/O cards are taking up Groups 0,1,2,3, and 4 is empty.

The module looks like a 1771-IFE, which is a 16-channel analog input module.

For 8 Input channels (like if it's in Differential mode) your BTR should be 12 words.

For 8 Input channels your BTW should be 3 Words if you are not configuring scaling, and 21 words if you are configuring scaling.

The User Manual is publication 1771-UM663.

You can put configuration bits and values into the Configuration BTW manually according to the manual, or allow the RSLogix 5 configuration applet to set those bits for you. That applet is purely a way to view the data in the Configuration block in a formatted fashion.

I agree that's Rack 00, Group 05, Slot 0 if the chassis is set for 2-Slot Addressing. Those 32-bit DC I/O cards are taking up Groups 0,1,2,3, and 4 is empty.

The module looks like a 1771-IFE, which is a 16-channel analog input module.

Ahhhhh thats where i was going wrong. I guessed that the "Group" would "skip" the empty slot for some reason :S tbh i dont know why i thought this o_O

It is infact a 1771-IFE 8channel (differential) input card.

If you can post your .RSP file ( zip it first)

The image in my second post is the entire .RSP :oops: as i said this is only a test rig and i am trying to understand more how Analogue works in PLC-5 :)