Bosch PLC Wintools

tolbgf

Hi,

I am new to this forum and new to Bosch PLCs. We are developing a Downtime Recording Application that will take Reason Codes from registers and store them in an SQL database, allowing the user see various conditions. The PLC is a BOSCH SL500 with a COM-E card attached. We are running the Wintools application and are trying to connect to the PLC from Visual C++. The problem is that we do not know the IP address. Is there anyway we can find the IP address?

Thanks
Bert

maybe

Do you mean the ip address of your computer? If this is the case, open a dos prompt window and type in " ipconfig " (without quotes). This will give you the ip of your computer.
Hope this helps,
dt

If you are referring to the IP of the plc that is up to you and the ethernet card associated with it. The manual should state the standard used...NOTE: ALL IP's in a network must be matched to a specific group..ie 10.0.0.1 10.0.0.2 as an example, you have 256 options starting at 0 to 255. The subnet mask must also match. If a Windows PC is use there must be a workgroup name.

Takes time to and devotion to details...pls state what you have done so far.