The 1771-IBD Series B compatible chasis

manish_kol

Dear Sir,

Kindly clarify meaning of two statement

Satatement 1 :- The 1771-IBD Series B module is compatible with all chassis except 1771-A1, 1771-A2, 1771-A4 chassis. Make sure no other input module or single card block transfer module is placed in the same
module group when using 2-slot addressing

Statement 2 :- Where as in some other document i am getting the 1771-IBD Series B module is Compatible with current chassis (1771A1B, A2B, A3B, A3B1, A4B, -AM1, -AM2)

The module is not compatible with the original series of chassis, but is compatible with the series b chassis which has a newer blackplane comms control chip.

If you are using two slot addressing, then you would only have enough assigned input data table space for one 16 point input module for each pair of slots. This is not an issue with 1-slot or 1/2 slot addressing which will allocate enough space for 16 point modules that they can be placed in any arrangement.