RS5000: Failed to create file. Out of memory?!

Hey everyone, this morning I went to create a new file in RSLOGIX5000 and I received this message:

RS5000screen shot.jpg

This is the first time I have ever seen this. My computer is not out of memory... I thought maybe it was because of a new AntiVirus program I downloaded... Vipre. However this is not the case. I completely shut down the software,rebooted and tried again. No dice.

EDIT: The program will actually create a file.. but it is obviously corrupt. Any attempt to open it fails.
I am able to open existing files and edit. I just can't create a new one?

I searched the internet for answers but couldn't find anything. Anyone have any ideas?

Has anyone ever heard of this? Saw this?
moz-screenshot.png
moz-screenshot-1.png

RS5000screen shot.jpg

Last edited:
I've seen that error when some "Registry Cleaner" utilities mangled the RSLogix 5000 Registry entries.

Try uninstalling and reinstalling RSLogix 5000 or restoring a registry backup, if in fact you ran a registry cleaner along with your new antivirus.

I've seen that error when some "Registry Cleaner" utilities mangled the RSLogix 5000 Registry entries.

Try uninstalling and reinstalling RSLogix 5000 or restoring a registry backup, if in fact you ran a registry cleaner along with your new antivirus.

This was exactly the solution Ken thank you! Unfortunately I had to do it the lengthy way and was unable to do a 'restore' with the program. However this method did work. Thank you very much for the insight.

Its a shame RsLogix software doesn't have a "Repair" option similar to inserting Windows OS CDs. But for what its worth; you do not need to uninstall multiple versions. IE I left version 15 loaded while I un/reinstalled 16 and it worked.

Thanks again for the assistance!