Connection problems with CX Programmer

Qubit

Hi all.
I have an Omron CPM1 plc and can't get CX programmer to connect to it properly. I've set all the parameters correctly in the PLC properties box and used the auto on-line function. I can connect eventually but it's very slow. It can take a minute to send a ten byte program to the plc or 30 seconds to change from program to monitor made.
Sometimes it comes up with the error "Access rights may have been acquired by another user" When I try to communicate with it.
When I use syswin 3.4 it functions perfectly.
Any ideas?

Hi all.
I have an Omron CPM1 plc and can't get CX programmer to connect to it properly. I've set all the parameters correctly in the PLC properties box and used the auto on-line function. I can connect eventually but it's very slow. It can take a minute to send a ten byte program to the plc or 30 seconds to change from program to monitor made.
Sometimes it comes up with the error "Access rights may have been acquired by another user" When I try to communicate with it.
When I use syswin 3.4 it functions perfectly.
Any ideas?

Normally with CX-Programmer, you use Work Online. It is the Yellow Triangle with the lightening bolt in it. Try that.

Stu.....

Has something else grabbed the serial port (eg AB software)?
have you tries the 'auto online' button?

Hi guys.
Yes I've tried the things you both suggested. It's very strange. It's the part about another user that has me baffled. I have no other software running and nothing else plugged into my PC. I'm using a USB to serial bridge but as I said before sywin 3.4 is working fine. o_O

Hi guys.
Yes I've tried the things you both suggested. It's very strange. It's the part about another user that has me baffled. I have no other software running and nothing else plugged into my PC. I'm using a USB to serial bridge but as I said before sywin 3.4 is working fine. o_O

Are your communications setup like this with the USB Port COM Port substituted for COM1?

CPM1.jpg

Thanks for the images. Yes I have mine set up exactly the same except that I have Com3 selected as that's where my bridge has installed itself. I'm stumped

Thanks for the images. Yes I have mine set up exactly the same except that I have Com3 selected as that's where my bridge has installed itself. I'm stumped

I think we probably are as well. Usually if I have Com Port problems, it is because some Program has grabbed the Serial Port, and it won't let it go. I have also had mixed success with USB to Serial Converters, you set them up in one USB Port, and they won't work in another etc. That is why I have stayed with Laptops with real Serial Ports. I have never tried CX-Programmer with a USB to Serial Converter. There may be something in the Serial Driver that doesn't like it. Perhaps a Google search would help. This is one item I found on Google with the search term "cxprogrammer usb to serial".

http://www.myomron.com/index.php?action=kb&article=209

Stu....

Are you using the USB/serial converter from Omron? It is not cheap but has worked with everything I have thrown at it. Belkin, for example, when I used one kept disconnecting.