Plc 300

tamerfahim

Iam beginner , so i want know how many i / o can be connected to cpu 317 - 2 - dp for example , and for interface module 153-2 i saw buttons called bus address ( how can i use it )is it for the modules that i connect it . Thanks alot

Hello tamerfahim;
1- here is a web page from the Siemens Industry Mall that will give you most of the information you need on the CPU 317-2DP (see the Product Information tab):
https://eb.automation.siemens.com/g...=gb&language=en&regionUrl=/uk#activetab=order&
For the same type of info on other CPUs, simply use the Search Box.

2- The IM 153-2 is an Interface Module for Profibus-DP. It allows S7-300 signal modules to be used as remote I/O over Profibus, acting as a Profibus slave.
The "buttons" you see are probably the address setting mechanism for the IM 153-2 (each DP slave must have a unique address on the bus that corresponds to the Profibus software configuration in Step 7).
Here is the same type of webpage in the Industry mall for the IM 153-2:
https://eb.automation.siemens.com/g...=gb&language=en&regionUrl=/uk#activetab=order&

Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier