Eds

Can some one tell me how, with a RSLogix5000 PLC and an ArmorStart DeviceNet VFD,to use the EDS file to expand the size of the tag block in the EDS and that tag block contain data from specific parameters?

Can some one tell me how, with a RSLogix5000 PLC and an ArmorStart DeviceNet VFD,to use the EDS file to expand the size of the tag block in the EDS and that tag block contain data from specific parameters?

I don't totally follow your question, but I may be able to give some direction. Typically I will register the EDS file and configure the devicenet comms with RSNetworx for Devicenet. Do you have that program?

If not, It may be possible to manually configure the communications (I'm sure someone on here knows better than I do on the details)

That's not the function of the EDS.

What exactly are you wanting to achieve? Give us as much detail as possible so we can give you the best advice possible.

Yes I have Networks for DeviceNet. I can commission a node with no problems. The task I have been given is to, without the use of a MSG, monitor various parameters from a devicenet ArmorStart motor controller. For example, when you commission and then create the tags for a devicenet motor controller you have "X" amount of words that monitor either bits or words. If I want to monitor the DeviceNet voltage or "Fault Code 1, parameters 21 and 107 respectively, from my PLC, I can create a MSG and through class and instance I can poll those parameters when I want. Rockwell doesn't support EDS modification, but I've been told that it can be done.

I have added 2 byte to the EDS created tags, but I don't seem to have the information I was looking for.

I got it. I can now create custom tag blocks for any devicenet node in RSLogix and monitor my selected parameters on my HMI or in my PLC code.

I thought that most everyone here should have been smarter than me. Oh well, off to the next project.

I got it. I can now create custom tag blocks for any devicenet node in RSLogix and monitor my selected parameters on my HMI or in my PLC code.

I thought that most everyone here should have been smarter than me. Oh well, off to the next project.

Care to share your solution with us less informed. That way we can all learn something.