Not a PLC question.

Discal

Just out of curiosity, I was wondering who has experience with Camsoft and what your opinions of it are. We are running about eight machines in our plants that have been retrofitted with Camsoft products. The Company preformed these retrofits before I hired in and I have been tasked with fixing their less than successful performance. Before making any hard opinions myself I thought I might see if anyone else has an opinion.

Instead of coming on and seeking a witch-hunt on Camsoft, perhaps a better approach would be to see what can be done to make them work like you need.

EXACTLY what problems are you experiencing?

EXACTLY what models are you using? (Perhaps your expectations are beyond the hardware's capability...)

What have you tried to fix those problems?

Etc. etc. etc. Give us as much information as possible so we can give you the best advice possible.

I made this post just short of walking out of the door yesterday and obviously should have given more clarification. A witch-hunt is not sought; I DO NOT blame Camsoft for the “less than successful performance”. That I believe lies squarely on the shoulders of my employers. I know for a fact that they have deviated from protocol.

Knowing that individuals who program PLC’s for a living would also be the most likely individuals to implement a Camsoft retrofit, I simply wished to know their generalized opinion of the product I was about to dive head first into. It is a point of curiosity and noting more. On a personal note, I believe that Camsoft has the ability to perform at a level we will never need within these plants.

So to clarify one last time I simply would like to know out of professional curiosity, what is the general opinion of Camsoft products within the programming community?