Crimson 3: Trend Viewer waiting for data indefinitely.

Elcan

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi all,
I have a problem with a Crimson 3 project on a G310 touch screen.
I have a trend viewer associated with a PID loop. This trend viewer was working well for weeks until I downloaded an upgraded project to the HMI. Now the trend viewer stays all the time "Waiting for data". The weird thing is that the same project is running OK on a G308 (I have to convert the project, of course).
I don't have a clue on what is going on with this trend viewer on this particular HMI.
All suggestions will be appreciated.

Thank you!

Last edited:
Have you tried converting the G310 program to G308, and then back again?

Maybe some internal flag/value is incorrect,it is possible that the conversion will fix that.

Have you tried converting the G310 program to G308, and then back again?

Maybe some internal flag/value is incorrect,it is possible that the conversion will fix that.
I tried this but the problem was not fixed.

Jeremy,
I'm using external data (data associated with a PLC address).
I will send the project to you.

Thank you!

Can you post the project here ?
I already sent it to Red Lion tech support, and they said that "There doesn't seem to be an issue with the file because it works fine here". Their suggested fix is to download a different program to the HMI to clear the retentive memory.
I'm not in the site now, so I cannot try it now.

Elcan,

Please let me know how the test goes and we can figure out how to proceed from there.

Thanks
Jeremy
Jeremy,
I'm not at the customer's site now, and I don't have plans to be there in the near future. Fortunately, they have another HMI in the system, and on that touch screen the trend viewer works fine.

You can send them a couple of cf cards with new boot programs on it, one to download a new file, then the original back with the trend ?!

Only thing is it it messes up you wont be there !