Wonderware Question

Wormfood

Created a ComboBox with a selection loaded with an application script during "while running". Everything works great, selection gets written to the right tag. Issue is when I change screens and come back to this screen the combobox clears. How would I keep the same value, or look up the value to reset to the PLC value in the script while still allowing changes?

Help file

Not sure how you have it scripted, but you will probably find the answer if you open WindowMaker, open the HELP file and type Retentive in the box on the Index tab.

Combobox solution

I remember having trouble with this. I'm not sure, but I think the problem is that the combo box can't be dynamically updated. My solution was to make a pop-up window "Select..." that contains a combo box for an indirect tag representing the dynamic or eligible tag ('MyTag').

The select window opens from an Action script assosiated with a text box where you normally would put your combo. An indirect tag is used.

The action script may look like this:
Prompt = "Select item from list:";
Itemlist = "Itemlist7"; {The name of the combo choice source file}
ComboBoxTag = MyTag;
ComboBoxTagIndirect.Name = MyTag.Name;
Show "Select...";
attachment.php
attachment.php

The "Select..." window runs this script 'On Show':
wcLoadList ( "ComboBox", Itemlist7 + ".txt" );

The [OK] button has this action script:
ComboBoxTagIndirect = ComboBoxTag;
HideSelf;

The [Cancel] button is just a
HideSelf;

I have made a general version of this "Select..." window that can read selectable items from different database tables, but I think it's better to show this simple principle for one specific tag.

Last edited: