New to PLC/SCADA

sreeni555

Hi all.. i am electrical & electronics engineering graduate with 8+ experience in marketing/sales of electrical items (not plc/scada related) but want to move to PLC/SCADA for which i am joining a course from this month.what will be kind of oppertunities for a guy like me when i start looking for a job in PLC/SCADA..please advice!

Welcome to the forum!!!

Most people here will tell you the choice of manufacturer is largely dependent on local support. For example I have equal Siemens and AB support, GE is third, and it drops way off after that. So our choices for PLC and SCADA follow our support. Since you are experienced in sales this should be easy to figure out.

Next step would be general knowledge of plc, HMI, and then SCADA... based on what platform you want to work with.

If I did not answer your questions, others will post or you can reply with more specific questions.

Hi Paul..thanks a ton for your kind reply..i am doing AB system..the local support is good and a guy working with AB will be teaching me..sorry for not posting a techical question, but next time i will be coming up with a techical ques as i learn more and more about this exciting field!