Interlocking with LogixPro

redneckdan

Hi, I am a student taking a PLCs class. The software is TLP LogixPro simulator. The problem I am working on involves interlocking three motors such that when one motor is running the other two can not run. Then I have to re arrange the logic so that any two motors or any one motor can run. I made an attempt at the first problem by using one EIC and two EIO switches, this did not work. I don't know where to go from here.

attempt1-1.jpg

1. First, add labels to each instruction on your ladder rung. That makes it easier to figure out what to do.

2. Now add rungs to control each of the 3 motors, as shown.

3. Now do you see any way to interlock the 3 motors so that "when one motor is running the other two can not run"? For example, Motor 1 is running on rung 000. What is on Rung 000 that could be used to prevent Motors 2 and 3 from being started?

3-MOTOR INTERLOCKS.jpg

Last edited: