Help Carel To Ml1100

I presume that you mean the Carel IR33 (a refrigeration controller) has a Modbus RTU protocol port.

I am not familiar with the Carel brand controllers. Could you post a link to their user manual that describes the Modbus interface ?

If the Modbus interface uses RS-232, you can use an ordinary 1761-CBL-PM02 cable and a wiring adapter.

If the Modbus interface uses RS-485, you will need a 1763-NC01 cable.

The MicroLogix 1100 includes Modbus RTU Master and Slave functionality using the MSG instruction.

The first things you need to determine are:

What Modbus protocol (RTU, ASCII, TCP)
What electrical interface ? (RS-232, RS-485 2-wire or 4-wire, RS-422)
What serial framing (usually 8 data bits, None/Odd/Even parity, etc)
What Modbus Addresses ?

The you can set about configuring the MicroLogix to communicate with the Carel IR33 controller.

OK, you really did mean the Carel device does NOT have Modbus.

I assumed that I mis-understood your post because it's going to be a great deal more difficult to communicate with the Carel device without the common language of Modbus.

I think you will need to get that protocol data directly from Carel. I have never seen the Carel controllers discussed on this Forum, though it's certainly possible there are members with direct experience with Carel refrigeration controllers.

There are a number of different versions of the IR33, it would be helpful if you actually specified the model or models you are using. Ken has tried his best to help you out with this, with very little information to go on. According to Carel, the IR33 does support Modbus, but it may be model dependant. Give as much specific information as you can. Help us help you!

Stu....