WinCC flexible Data Entry Limit

JNS

Hi All,
I have issue with WinCC data entry field if somebody can help me with. There are few set points to be written to PLC from the Simatic multipanel HMI. I am using WinCC flex Advance to configure this HMI.

Whenever an operator enters the setpoint from the HMI, HMI should check the limit on the Setpoint tag, if the value entered exceeds the limits on the tag then it should not allow that data entry and should show previously entered value.

I tried to implement this but what is happening just now is, HMI is not passing the exceeded value to the PLC but it is holding exceeded value in the field on the dispaly so operator could be mislead that the value has been through to PLC. The value only returns to the previous value when you navigate to different screen and come back again on same screeen.

I appreciate all the help.

I don't know if its a limit problem. When I set limits to a tag and enter a number out of range it will go back to what it had in it. Also as I am entering the tag a pop up will display the limits. I am using PC RT but I would think this would be the same. I have had this type of problem with recipes. If the tag is in a recipe it must be sync with plc. You can do this by calling the setdatarecordtags from the onchange event of the tag.

Hi Charles,
The values is going back to previous for some but not for others and I dont see difference in the configuration between them.Any idea what could it be???

Thanks

Hello

This looks like a acquisition problem. Please check your tag acquision mode unders Tags properties (under General Tab) in WinCC Flexible.

Communication >Tags >General >Acquisition mode

It should either be cyclic on use or cyclic continous.

Hi,
The issue is resolved. It was to do with they were selected as just "input" i.e. no readback is allowed. I have changed them to "input/ouput" and now they are working perfectly fine.

Cheers

Hi,
The issue is resolved. It was to do with they were selected as just "input" i.e. no readback is allowed. I have changed them to "input/ouput" and now they are working perfectly fine.

Cheers

I have been bitten by that before... ;)

Glad you got it fixed! :)