Redlion Data Station Plus and Siemens S200

akeizm

Hi,

I'm currently trying to connect a Redlion DSPSX to a Siemens S200 PLC.

I can ping the S200 PLC and the DSP but I cannot get the two to talk. The main issue is that I don't program with Siemens PLC's so they're foreign to me.

I'm using Crimson 2 build 459F with build 649 of mc2c.bin. The driver in the DSP I am using to talk to the PLC is "Siemens S7 CP243 via ISO TCP/IP Master". Now I've tried multiple settings (slots, TSAP's etc) and I still don't see the device online (using IsDeviceOnline(1)). I will attach a screenshot of both the S200 and DSP Comms Configs.

http://users.tpg.com.au/akeizm/DSP.GIF
http://users.tpg.com.au/akeizm/S200.GIF

If anyone could lend me a hand that would be great.

Thanks, Marc.

I would try S7-300 drive.I dont have S7 200 in front of me so I can not try it.
I connected to S7 200 in the past by serial without any problem.
Call Red Lion Support in US or e mail them they have good support.

Hello,

Can you email me your Siemens Project and your Crimson database? ([email protected])
Also you might want to consider upgrading to Crimson 2 build 512C to take advantage of all of the updates since your version was released.

Thanks
Jeremy

My apologies for the late reply. I'm trying to get a hold of the PLC program at the moment. As it's not a program I wrote/own it's making it hard to get a copy from the original supplier.

I will email you as soon as I can get a hold of the program.

Marc.