QuickPanel Errors with Messages

juanmdx

Hello everyone,

I'm working on some modifications on a QuickPanel, with QuickDesigner 3.7 working with a MicroLogix.

The thing is that I need a Message, that depending on a PLC Bit, I show a Message on the Panel.

For this I'm using a Triggered Message, so I use the Bit on the Tags (ie. B35/3).

But when I load the proyect on the panel, the screen where I use this triggered message is like freezed, and nothing shows on it. Even some old stuff that was already on the screen, this are some local message displays.

This is weird, because on another screen I light up some buttons with this same bits (the ones I want to use on the triggered message), and here they work fine.

Does anyone knows what am I doing wrong?

BR

Thanks RussB.

What is the difference between using bit B:5/3 and B:35/3?

What I'm donig, to get more specific is this.

One one screen the user will select one of three diferent models to work with, for this I've three buttons:

Illuminated Push Button - 1 (Model 1)
Button Tag - B:35/0
Light Tag - B:35/4

Illuminated Push Button - 2 (Model 2)
Button Tag - B:35/1
Light Tag - B:35/5

Illuminated Push Button - 3 (Model 3)
Button Tag - B:35/2
Light Tag - B:35/6

Now, on another screen I want to show which model the operator is working on. So I created a Triggered Message Display.

This triggered message is configured as follow:

Trigger Number 0
Tag: B:35/4
Messsage : Model 1

Trigger Number 1
Tag: B:35/5
Messsage : Model 2

Trigger Number 2
Tag: B:35/6
Messsage : Model 3

And on the PLC (MicroLogix), I have some logic that set the bits of the light tags (B:35/4,5,6) whenever the button tags are presed (this works fine).

Actually everything works fine, the machine changes model, and on the "Select Model Screen" my illuminated push buttons works ok, but the Triggered Message won't work, when I go to that screen it looks freezed and won't work.

Does anyone knows what I might be doing wring?.

Thanks and BR

I have forgotten most of what I have known about AB, however the difference is this:
B35/3 is the 3rd bit of the 35th word in the bit table.
B3:5/3 is the 3rd bit in the 5th word of the B3 table.
They are not the same bit, so I may not be correct in my assumption.
Was I was trying to get at is that you need to have the syntax correct and the address pointing to must be valid for the processor.
Do you have "Special 4", if not you will have problems with the AB drivers. BTW what driver are you using?

Ohh ok, sorry, maybe I typed in a wrong way the bits, but on the QuickPanel they're OK.

The weird thing for me is that this is working on one screen (the light buttons) and not on the Triggered Message, so I guess I'm not configuring the Triggered Message correctly...

BR

Let me say right up front I am not at all familiar with the software for the QuickPanel.
Perhaps there is a conflict between using the same B address for a Light Tag and a Triggered Message Tag. Maybe some additional rungs of logic are needed to separate them and still be activated by the Button Tag or the Light Tag.

Last edited:
So, do you have Special 4?
If 'no' you WILL have problems with certain AB protocols.
Which protocol are you using?
You can tell by selecting 'Help > About'.