Activation Key

jcp

Hi guys;
I have a image dvd of laptop when i install it the rslogix, rslink, rsnetwork are restore with activation. If i move this activation key from that laptop via USB is this key is used to another laptop if i install same versions of rslogix, rslink and rsnetwork?
I want to ask that rslink and rsnetwork are activated with the same key which is used for rslogix.
Regards

Only the old "EVRSI" activations can be moved using a removable storage device like a USB memory stick.

In general, these activations are separate licenses but they are contained in the same EVRSI.SYS file. You use the same activation tool to move them all at once.

The exception is that some licenses are bundled together; the RSLogix 5000 Professional license, for example, will also activate RSLinx and RSNetworx.

You can call Rockwell Automation Technical Support and give them the serial number to determine exactly which license type it represents.

Only the old "EVRSI" activations can be moved using a removable storage device like a USB memory stick.

In general, these activations are separate licenses but they are contained in the same EVRSI.SYS file. You use the same activation tool to move them all at once.

The exception is that some licenses are bundled together; the RSLogix 5000 Professional license, for example, will also activate RSLinx and RSNetworx.

You can call Rockwell Automation Technical Support and give them the serial number to determine exactly which license type it represents.

I have Logix 5000 professional installed on my computer and I also have Logix 500.
When I go to move activation I only see the 5000.
Ken Do you know why I cant see the 500? I want to install the 500 on 2 computers.

Thanks

The older "EVRSI" activation method and the new FactoryTalk activation method use entirely different mechanisms and tools.

It's likely that your RSLogix 5000 and your RSLogix 500 are of different generations and use different methods. To make thing even more fun, many versions of RSLogix 5/500/5000 can use either one !

Check both, then. EVRSI is the classic Start -> Programs -> Rockwell Software -> Utilities -> Move Activation-32 Bit tool.

FactoryTalk Activation is a different tool; Start -> Programs -> Rockwell Software -> FactoryTalk Activation -> FactoryTalk Activation Tool.