which allen bradlley product = s7_300

abspaston

hi guys
i am glad to see this site.i wana do a project but i know siemens and must do pro in ab product.so which pruduct of ab is equal in s7_300
please help me i,m in hurry

thanks a lot peter.i used s7-300 cpu 312c.could u tell me which model i use
raleaf_new.gif
MicroLogix 1000 or others

Which S7-300? The 301 or 315?

Instead of asking for the equivalent model, give us the project requirements and we can help specify it. Most likely, you're going to be looking at a CompactLogix, but until we know more...

what is your opinion jvdcande i wana somehow same becuase of price is important

Last edited:
abspaston said:
what is your opinion jvdcande i wana somehow same becuase of price is important
My opinion is that ControlLogix is far better than S7-300 in certain aspects. In other aspects S7-300 is better than ControlLogix I think. By answering in such a brief manner I only wanted to stir up things a bit, but it is far more complicated than this.
OZEE said:
Instead of asking for the equivalent model, give us the project requirements and we can help specify it.
This is about the most sane remark that can be made in this situation. And yes, I agree with OZEE that most probably, if you turn to AB to replace an S7-300, the choice will be CompactLogix and not ControlLogix. This will certainly be the case if the price is a key element for making the selection.

Kind regards,

The CompactLogix is very similar to S7-300. Modular, rackless, medium performance (up to 315. 317 and 319 are more comparable to ControlLogix).
The price of a CompactLogix system will be some 30-50% more expensive than a similar S7-300 system.

If you are used to S7-300, then ignore everything MicroLogix.

You could try to describe your curremt system more precisely, since "S7-300" can mean anything from a small non-networked machine to a huge machine with 1000's of i/o.

u say that the # i/o of campactlogix is as enough as s7_300?
It is "similar". I/O modules links each other, without there being a physical "rack". The native i/o count is 16 digital inputs per module. But 32 channel modules exist. Just like S7-300.
There are limitations though.
Examples:
The L32E CPU can handle up to 16 i/o modules in 2 rows.
The L35E CPU can handle up to 32 i/o modules in 3 rows.

But please tell us about your application. How many i/o ? Networking ? How fast ? How complicated ? Anything.