controlLogix traffic lights

jedtafe

Does anyone have a traffic light program for controlLogix using sequencers.
I am having trouble getting my head around setting this up.
PDF would be greatly appreciated as I could then view it at home.

While I understand your frustration to this apparently very popular topic, and my question may have been poorly constructed, (it's my 1st post on the web, thanks for making it enjoyable). I have constructed traffic lights in 3 types of PLC's but after advancing from the AB SLC500 to the controlLogix I cant get my head around (or find any decent literature on the www) on the set up and use of sequencers. just hopeing for some direction not a hand out.

As I am at home I cant give you a screen shot however my other programs consisted of a master timer, then I used comparitors to control the light sequence.
The teacher now wants us to use the sequence comands. I have seen a program with just a TON and a SQO but i dont understand this without seeing the tag/array set up. This is what i'm having trouble getting my head around.
I also have to add the usuall pedestrian and traffic flow sensors to the job but I think that once I get the simple 4 way going the rest will be easy.

Hi jedtafe,

The instruction you need is the SQO instruction - study the help on it.

The source array set-up is simply the bit patterns you want to send to the output module .Data tag

Simply put, at each false-to-true rung transition, the .POS member of the control tag is incremented, and the indexed word (indexed by the value in .POS) from the source array is copied through the mask to the destination tag.

You can trigger the SQO rung with a cyclic timer .DN bit, or you can put the SQO into a periodic task, but if you do this, you must put an OTU of the .EN of the control tag, or the SQO instruction won't detect a false-to-true rung transition.

If you use the periodic task method, it is possible to implement the simple "crossroads" traffic-light sequence with just 2 instructions!!

jedtafe - you also stated "I cant get my head around (or find any decent literature on the www) on the set up and use of sequencers"

Have you tried the instruction help? You sound relatively experienced in A-B, and the reason I ask is that I find the in-built help in RSLogix5000 to be extremely good.

Stick a SQO on a new rung (no need to complete edits) - click on the instruction name, SQO, and hit F1 on the keyboard....

Also, FYI, most people here wont do your homework for you. But as indicated above, by posting your code, and asking a specific question will normally yield a specific answer.