Factory talk view studio finding "connections" of buttons

realolman

In Factory talk view how does one find out what screen will be displayed when a button is pushed?

I will see buttons or displays that are "connected" to variables in the RSLogix500 ladder logic, and I see that those variables are manipulated from those buttons or displays. Those variables appear in the "connections" tab.

In the RSLogix500 program for our application that we got from a now defunct company, there are variables that are manipulated from a screen on a Panelview, but I am quite unsure that that particular screen can even be accessed.

Also there are buttons on screens that I know take the user back to the "main" screen. I know that those work, but I do not know how to determine from examining the properties and connections of those buttons how it is that that occurs.

not sure screen can be accessed

If I try to emulate what you have shown here, in the Global connections box, I get one entry: in the display tab, in the remote display number there is an entry {::[comms] N7:9}

On the screen that I want to determine what causes it to display, right clicking the screen, and clicking display settings there is a blank box in the display number. and a security code "A"

what does this all mean? Does it mean that N7:9 would be an integer, and whatever it contains determines what screen is displayed?

So far I have found 4 screens that all show display number 1... most screens show blank boxes

Yes, if the Replace Display number is populated, each time that value changes, the PV+ will display a screen with that integer value assigned. If there isn't a screen with that display number assigned, then nothing will happen. You can also have goto screen buttons that can cause displays to be appear.

Yes, if the Replace Display number is populated, each time that value changes, the PV+ will display a screen with that integer value assigned. If there isn't a screen with that display number assigned, then nothing will happen. You can also have goto screen buttons that can cause displays to be appear.

Before I go any further, I want to thank you... I really appreciate it.

The screen in which I am interested has a blank in the display number, so the only other way it could be displayed would be if it was the target of a button somewhere... otherwise, it will never be displayed....is that correct?