Panelview 1000 to slc 504

rstead

Trying to figure out a program to set up password protection for a "Start" button on a PV1000 screen. PV1000 communicating to a slc504. PW protection on PV1000 set up to secure screens only and not particular buttons.

Would like for when the operator press the "START" button on the PV a numeric screen comes up in which they enter their correct password. If password is correct with logic built into slc then the functions will start after correct password has been entered and acknowledged by plc.

Any sample password progamming out there between the slc504 and PV's?

Thanks,

Ron

Or create a numeric entry instaed of a start button. The PLC compares that to
a stored value in the PLC then gives a feed back to the HMI if it is correct or not.

Have done Mickey's example and made it work.

If it is a password you think your going to have to change and do not want to drag out a laptop each time you can create an expression for the limits so that when you change the password it changes the limits.