Quick AB Question

Rob S.

I am looking at a small project of expanding a Allen Bradley CompactLogix PLC. I would like to use EtherNet Flex I/O. Would the 1794 Flex I/O work with the CompactLogix platform ,and is there any limitations. I took notice that the
CompactLogix was not listed in the Typical Configurations.

Thanks in advance,

I just did a job where I connected Flex I/O to a Compact Logix PLC via ethernet and wireless radio. So the short answer is yes.

Basically you need an ANET card for the flex I/O.

Just a partially off-topic question:
Is there a particular reason for going with Flex I/O?
I've done many cost comparisons, and systems design, and have found that the Point I/O is much more capable and generally much less expensive the Flex I/O. It's also smaller, and can handle more I/O per adapter.

Just a partially off-topic question:
Is there a particular reason for going with Flex I/O?
I've done many cost comparisons, and systems design, and have found that the Point I/O is much more capable and generally much less expensive the Flex I/O. It's also smaller, and can handle more I/O per adapter.

I use flex I/O because of customer specs. Generally more are familar with Flex I/O than Point. Personnaly I like Point better myself.