Klockner Moeller Software

Killercal

Does anyone know the name of the DOS software that was used to program these PLC's? We are using a PS4-201-MMI plc and need the old software to open a program and do some tests.

Thanks

Ok, I found out that the software is called Sucosoft S40. When I try and download it it gives me and error saying I don't have a serial number. Dose anyone have a serial number they could lend me. I just need to test some comms to a Red Lion device.

Thanks in advanced.

Your icon shows Canada. That is where the North American Moeller automation support is located. You should give them a call: (905) 542-2323.

They are strung pretty thin as a lot of places but they should be able to help you.

When we run the S40 software it is a windows program but I have only run the later versions. There could be earlier versions that run on DOS.

Just going from memory here;

The dos software is S30 and I could only make it run on a win98 computer.
Not only that, the program is compiled and uneditable when you upload. (unless you have the original program)

I can't remember the name of the company now - but they will let you d/l the s30 software. It's in Wales UK

Thanks ndzied, I will call that number.

Goody, I believe that I found the website from Wales and downloaded S40 and the S30 software. The S30 was too old to open up our program. The S40 (is a DOS program) can't install because we don't have a proper serial number. The PLC program was written in 1998 and we do have it, so the upload/download should work.

Now let me try to explain what our goal is here. Right now the KM plc is talking to a VB application on a computer to dispaly some values. We installed another system that uses RSView32 and a AB MicroLogix 1400. The customer wants to get rid of the old computer and move the screens onto the RSView application. We are going to use a Red Lion device to talk from the KM to the AB the same way the KM is talking to the computer. That said, I do not believe we'll need to make any PLC changes, we just want to be able to test this in our office before going onsite.

Thanks to anyone who has any input on this.