converting factory talk me project to se

chadhoot78

I have been challenged with the task of taking a panelview ME project and converting it to SE (5.0) so our dust collection system can be operated and monitored from a remote location. I imported the ME project to an SE already. I have to make some minor adjustments to the display settings to make the screens bigger and change the communications. My only problem is the alarms. The import does not bring in the alarms. I have to set these up manually. I could set them up i think in the HMI tag editor, but there are no tags there. Not sure why. do I need to import them from the logix5000 .acd file or enter them manually? I'm also not sure how to import the tags. I did export them from the acd file but not sure how to get them into my SE project. Thanks in advance for the replies.

They don't import directly, that would make too much sense.
See the knowledgebase article:
45926 - Logix 5000 Tag Import Utility for RSView32, FactoryTalk® View Studio and FactoryTalk® Transaction Manager.

for the current procedure and import utility program.

That is the easiest way to import a bunch of tags, but you will still have to create the alarms individually by modifying the tag database for alarmed tags.

I suppose you could also use FT Alarms and Events, which works fine, even if it's a bit buggy and cumbersome (especially on the operator), but that would then require a lot more code in the PLC.

Hey thanks. I got my tags imported to my SE project...most of them. I do have 45 failures saying "address cannot be equal to tag name". Anyway. I went through the tag database and checked all the alarms I wish brought in. All the descriptions were there. My only question is..the alarm screen is different now from the ME. Will I need to do anything else, or should the alarms come up? I went to the command line and typed alarmon. There is an error saying failed to resolve item's ID **** because it does not exist on any server.