micologix 1000 series D and rslogix500 starter

Jerry Hill

hey gang need a little assit here, I have a micrologix1000 series D and I downloaded the free rslogix500 for micrologix 10 pt from Rockwell. All works fine except I can not comm with the micro-1000 keep getting msg that rslogix only supports series F. Does anyone know how to get around this. Always thought that you can read down but not up on puter programs and assume that series D is older then F

The free software only supports the 10-point controller. The other models of MicroLogix 1000 controllers, as well as MicroLogix 1200 and 1500 require the licensed RSLogix 500 software.

I think all the 10-point controllers are Series F... is your Series D a 10-point unit ?

Last edited:
Did you download RSLinx (it may be linxlite) too? In order to communicate you must download that separate from the free 10pt rslogix (it also is free). It is detailed at their site where you went to get the free download.

Robert & Ken thanks for the tips, Yes it is a series D and I did download the rslinx it work and shows up the micro 1000, when i try to go on line is when it flags me that this version supports series F and i can not upload or download to the plc. thanks again for the tips will keep pluging away I always say this machine ain't going to whip me

That makes sense. RSLinx is going to happily browse anything: it can establish communications between a PC and lots of different Rockwell products (PLC-5, SLC, Logix, DeviceNet, etc) even if you don't have application software for them.

But to program this MicroLogix 1000 controller of yours, you will need RSLogix 500 Starter, Standard, or Professional (in increasing order of cost and functionality).

Because the Micro doesn't support online programming anyway, the Starter package is ideal.