john123

hellow
i need help
to change a parameter on a swg wind turbine plc
got usb to 485 lead and driver
driver for plc
when i click upload it say fail to wright time out
not sure what is wrong
i need to lower parameters on plc or adjust anologue return signal from anemometer to required setting
3 wire 5v /gnd/signal.:confused: looks like a optical incoder sensor

new to this / just started/ ect
any help will be greatfull
regards
john

Johm,

Is it a Chinese-brand PLC called "SWG"?

When I click upload, it says "Failed to write, time out"
This probably means that your changes to the PLC program were not used. There can be several reasons.

The first one that pops in my head is that the PLC program could be password-protected.

The second one is that you may not have established communications with the PLC. This one is a puzzle, because I ASSUME that you downloaded the program so that you could change it. If you downloaded the program, but cannot upload it, then most likely the PLC prpgram is protected with a password or some other method that causes it to be Read-Only.