Siemens PG 631 programmer into S5 130K PLC

Carrington

I have a PG 631 programmer unit & the screen is in German but I have an English manual.I am connected to a S5 130K PLC via a 501 interface board but cannot get the Eprom programme in the PLC to down load onto the PG631, all I get is a message saying not allowed in this mode.As I have not done this before I think I am missing something in the manual.I have selected the 130 option on to the screen as opposed to 110 option which is the default mode.I have tried the input codes after this to no avail can anyone help me please.

I am not familiar with this type of PLC, but in every PLC type we use in our plant, you have to switch from RUN mode to PROGRAM or HALT mode to Download the program.

Siemens PG 631 Programmer

Thanks sfindley for your help I seem to think the manual said the PLC had to be in run mode but this has not worked so I will try your idea & put it in stop mode maybe the book lost something in the translation I will report progress.