Bosch Rexroth Visual Motion 10 Material Encoder

Manglemender

Greetings Forum Members,

I'm adding a material lenght encoder to a 20 axis Visual Motion 10 application.

I should point out first that the axis driving the material (sheet steel) slips and so cannot be used to measure the material. A second encoder is being added to one Axis to be used as the source for material lenght.

What is the best way to access this encoder and turn it into Material Length?

My first thought is to use the ELS function but I'm wondering if anyone has any advice to offer or an example to look at.

Thanks in advance,

Nick

Pending on the type of drive you can use measuring wheel mode in the drive. It allows the drive to close the position loop around the wheel encoder, while filtering in the motor encoder.