cx programmer I/O table

7iiruzoqya

hello. ive just been introduced to the cx programmer for the OMron brand PLCs. im trying to debug my program and need to view the I/O table that shows u when the various bits are either HIGH or LOW.
I really need to know how to do this. Could someone guide me as to how to access this table please? Ive been searching through the program but to no avail.
Thanks.

hello. ive just been introduced to the cx programmer for the OMron brand PLCs. im trying to debug my program and need to view the I/O table that shows u when the various bits are either HIGH or LOW.
I really need to know how to do this. Could someone guide me as to how to access this table please? Ive been searching through the program but to no avail.
Thanks.

When you are Online with the PLC in CX-Programmer, Double Click the Memory Icon in the Project Tree. This will open a new Window. Click on the Monitor Button, this is on the far right of the second Toolbar from the bottom on mine, but may be different on yours. The Icon has glasses on the bottom. Now in the File Tree on the left, Double Click CIO. You can scroll through the different addresses, and also change the Radix to Binary etc. That is on the third Toolbar up from the bottom in mine.

Stu.....

thanx much Stu. i found the table. but there is another problem. i am toggling the input addresses of my program to logic high, but the output in the rung just isnt being set high. the only thing that i see is that the power flow reaches over to the output in the rung. the bit in the address for the output is not going logic high.

thanx much Stu. i found the table. but there is another problem. i am toggling the input addresses of my program to logic high, but the output in the rung just isnt being set high. the only thing that i see is that the power flow reaches over to the output in the rung. the bit in the address for the output is not going logic high.

If it is a Real World Input on a running PLC, you will have to use Force On, as it will be overwritten on the next Scan by the actual state of the Input. If you are using a Force, and the Output is not turning on, there are a few possibilities. The Output might be Forced off, but that should show beside the Coil. You have the Output used in two places, and the conditions are False in the other Rung. The CIO Word is being overwritten by a Data Move. Your Coil Address is wrong.

What Omron PLC are you using? Full Model and CPU Version please. What Version of CX-Programmer are you using? Can you post your CXP File? (Zip it first)

Stu.....

<snip>... there are a few possibilities....

A few more,

1. is the PLC in RUN mode? The PLC is stopped to transfer the program into it, did you change the PLC mode back to "RUN"?

2. is there an IL and ILC instruction in the program, these act like a master control relay in AB, which effectively "powers-off" the logic rail if you will.

3. Is this code in a subroutine? If so, the subroutine may not be being executed and therefore the logic is not being solved.

My money is on #1.

Good luck

A few more,

1. is the PLC in RUN mode? The PLC is stopped to transfer the program into it, did you change the PLC mode back to "RUN"?

2. is there an IL and ILC instruction in the program, these act like a master control relay in AB, which effectively "powers-off" the logic rail if you will.

3. Is this code in a subroutine? If so, the subroutine may not be being executed and therefore the logic is not being solved.

My money is on #1.

Good luck

i did not put the plc in run mode. i was using the simulated plc in the cx-prorammer. i am going to put it in run mode and see what happens.

also the program is written as the main program.

added to that, i am not sure what IL or ILC means. please expound on that term plz.
thanx.

IL and ILC are functions. Double click on them - look at details and you will be able to pull up the hel pages.
They are actually Interlock and Interlock Clear.

Not quite sure which model u r using!
If it is one of the most recent models [CJ, CS, CP] then you have the option of enabling/disabling each program.
Anyway, one of the most common mistakes I have seen is failing to correctly set the program [task] properties in CX-ONE.
You have the option of setting "Properties" for each task that define how it will run. If u set the properties to "Operation Start" the task will ALWAYS run. However if u fail to do this the only way to get the task to run is to use a TKON instruction in one of the active "running" tasks.
This subject is covered in the relevant PLC operating manual.
My 2 cents.
👨🏻‍🏫

Missing output

Hi all. I have CJ1M, CX-programmer v.9. Please, help me to solve the following problem:
I have missing output signal. It was working fine before some little modifications in program. Now I have transferred to PLC old working program, but still missing the output. Also unable to find how does the output 2.08 knows when to go high/low if bit W201.06 is activated. Could it be IO table?
The output is working itself, I can force it ON/OFF.

Thanks!

Thanks, the task is OK. "Cyclic task" and "Operation Start" are both OK.
Is there any way to view the IO table if I have a warning "There is no editable parameters defined by CPS"?